Our Culinary Team offer you culinary offerings that have captured local and international taste’s of the world. With capacities ranging from 10 to 4000, no event is too small or too big for our experienced team.
Looking for the perfect venue for your Banquet, the Durban ICC offer’s affordable top-class facilities, excellent service, and the sheer glitz and glamour that only Africa's premier conference centre can provide.
The Durban ICC offers you a wide variety of our highly creative and delicious lunch or dinner Selector Menus, served plated to your guests, or Buffet-style.
1) What does the rate include?
- Hire of venue for the function
- Standard equipment supplied in the venue, 1 lectern with fixed microphones and Public Address System suitable for speeches
- Standard house lighting
- All venues are carpeted and air conditioned
- Cleaning services for hired venues
- Security around perimeter of building
- Chairs, tables, crockery, cutlery, glassware and white table linen
- Waitron service
- Red Carpet Entrance
2) What does the rate not include?
- Additional set up and breakdown periods
- Audio visual equipment: visual aids and sound systems*
- Technician services*
- Function decorations and floral displays
- Security within hired venues*
- Medical services (provided on a user pay basis)*
- Personnel and ushers
- Secure Undercover Parking Available*
(* Services offered by Durban ICC)
3) Can we bring our own food and beverages (self-catering)?
The Durban ICC is a fully-catered venue and complies with the requirements of the ISO22000 and HACCP standards for Food Safety. It is therefore not possible to allow outside catering at this venue. However, outside catering is allowed at the Durban Exhibition Centre on request and subject to approval.
4) Are there any additional costs i.e. Music, Sound, Décor, Lighting?
House lighting, dance floor and background music are part of the standard package.
Decor, entertainment (DJ) & audiovisual would be an additional cost.
Our Technical team can assist & guide you through your audiovisual, sound & lighting requirements.
5) Is your food Halaal?
Yes, we have been certified Halaal by ICSA (Islamic Council of South Africa).
6) Can we have a menu tasting?
Complimentary menu tasting may be offered for weddings of 500 guests or more. If the menu tasting is at the request of the client for a function of less than 500 guests; the full cost of the menu plus a basic Operations Labour charge of R350 should be levied to cover set up and service staff. Up to 5 guests may attend the tasting.
7) Do you cater for vegetarians and special dietary requirements?
Yes, all our menus offer a Vegetarian option. Special Dietary Requirements such as no salt, low fat, no fat, or gluten-free meals can be provided upon request.
8) Can you set up a bar for us?
Yes, a beverage bar can be setup for you at no additional charge.
9) How would the room be set up?
The standard setup includes round tables seating 10 per table, padded chairs, white mid length square linen table cloths & napkins, cutlery, crockery, glassware & buffet stations (depending on your chosen menu).